Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Dalina's Third Blog

AGENDA
Blog corrections
Taking A Stand
Lit. Circles
HW: RJ 3.3 Read for 20-30 minutes
PS: Book Projects due 2/7

Hi, my name is Dalina, and this is my third blog. As it turns out, Joshua did not pick someone to do the blog after him. So, Ms. Nakada asked who wanted to do the blog, and I raised my hand, and she picked me. So, this is what we did in class. 
First, we made a new page in our English notebooks, called Taking A Stand. We talked about the four books we are reading, All American Boys, MARCH, To Kill A Mockingbird, and The Hate U Give. We talked about how the people in the book take a stand. In MARCH, John Lewis takes a stand to integrate lunch counters, "11:00 AM, 2/7, 1960" (90) sit ins at Walworths. In, To Kill A Mockingbird, Scout takes a stand for Walter, "The Cunninghams never took anything they can't pay back." In The Hate U Give, Starr takes a stand by telling police what really happened. We couldn't find anything for All American Boys
Then, we went into literature circles and we got a new record of five seconds. The class went wild because of the new record. But now, it's kind of boring because everyone is reading and nothing is happening. That's why I wrote what we wrote down in class. But since we were reading, I started reading too. We moved the tables back, but two chairs were out, so the timer was still going. We got a time of over 20 seconds. But, the bell rang, and I got to go to sixth period. Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ms. Nakada Virtual Classroom: Day 44

Agenda: Check-in Q - Q - Song LAST DAY!!! HW: Letters to yourself, me, and a future eighth grader.  This is it! Our last Zoom...