Monday, March 16, 2020

Ms. Nakada's Blog for Independent Study Day 1

AGENDA
Q. Q. Song
Essay Introductions
HW: RJ 10.1 Read for 20-30 minutes.

Hey all. I hope you had a good weekend. I mean, things sure escalated quickly, right? I understand if you're feeling stressed, anxious, or down. That is totally normal. I'm posting blogs and I hope you'll check in. These are strange times, but maybe keeping our class routine will be good for us.

So, first, go ahead and write down the agenda. Yep. Take out your binder reminder and write it for today.

Then, go ahead and write the quote:

"To be a woman is to be forever vigilant against violence." Rebecca Solnit

San Francisco writer, historian, and activist Rebecca Solnit is the author of twenty-some books about geography, community, art, politics, hope, and feminism.

Respond by writing what you think the author means.

Here is our question of the week: What is the best/hardest part of this school closure? Please answer both the best and hardest parts of the question!

Song of the Week: "I'm Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage.
This song is about...
Favorite Lyric?

OK, feel free to write any of your responses in the comments.

Now, let's talk about your essays. I assigned prompts on Friday, but lots of you were absent, so if you need me to assign you a prompt, send me a message with your top three preferences and I'll tell you which one to write.

Now, get started on your intro. You can hand write this or type it; it's up to you.

Make sure you start with a lead, include your thesis and your plan. Some of you already have yours written!

Below are samples for all of the prompts. If you want me to check yours, again, you can put it in the comments or send me an email or use remind (you can easily send pictures there).


Once you are done, make sure you read tonight and take care of yourself. I'm proud of you for making it here to the blog. Hopefully these samples help you and you write your intros, no problem.

If you have questions, send them to me on Remind (@nakada), or in the comments here, on twitter (@MsNakadaTweets) or email me.

I'm also going to use Zoom to do a video conference each day. So today at 9:30, if you want a face-to-face, log on and I'll be there. You don't have to put your face on the screen, you don't have to say anything. These are totally optional. I'm holding one Zoom a day, 9:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 9:30 am and 1:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Check in and let us know how you are doing.

Here is the Zoom link. Download the app and let's see how it goes! https://zoom.us/j/598634526

Make sure you comment below so I know you made it here. Take care, wash your hands and stay away from crowds! Miss you all 😞

17 comments:

  1. hey i woke up early today so yeah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here. Alejandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi I'm here- Denise btw I'm signing in for Denise cause its not working for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley here checking in !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Present if you didn't get the message on zoom - Joshua C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone who checked in. This is who I have: Ashley, Nelson, Maria, Vincent, Joshua C., Kailah, Canell, Denise, Daniel, Joshua L., Deeana, Joshua P., Dalina, Ila, Alejandra, and Aaron. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Ms. Nakada Virtual Classroom: Day 44

Agenda: Check-in Q - Q - Song LAST DAY!!! HW: Letters to yourself, me, and a future eighth grader.  This is it! Our last Zoom...